Application Process Length: 4 months Registration Validation Period: 10 years
Introduction to the EU Trademark Registration System 1. The EU trademarks operate in parallel with the domestic trademarks of the EU countries and do not conflict with each other. However, trademarks that have been registered or applied for registration in EU countries will have priority rights of trademark application, and vice versa.
2. A trademark registration can be protected by 28 EU member states, and the ruling on trademark cases will be enforced in all EU countries.
3. Not only traditional trademarks such as texts and designs can be registered in the European Union, but others, like colour, sound, smell, product appearance and structure, animation, multimedia, hologram etc. can also be applied for when registering a trademark.
Why Register a EU Trademark? 1. Expanding overseas markets The protection of overseas intellectual property rights is strict, and it is difficult to go overseas without registering overseas trademarks.
2. Protect your own brand
If you do not register an overseas trademark, your brand will be subject to the risk of being registered or used by others.
3. Entering overseas e-commerce Necessary brand protection options for trading on Amazon, AliExpress, Ebay, and Wish.
4. International Brand Presence
A trademark shows brand strength and enhances competitiveness.
Information Required When Registering an EU Trademark For A Corporation Trademark: 1. Logo/ Trademark Pattern design 2. Goods/service categories and projects 3. Copy of business license
For An Individual Trademark: 1. Logo/ Trademark Pattern design 2. Goods/service categories and projects 3. Copy of ID card
A team of EU lawyers will monitor and feedback on your trademark application process in a timely manner. They will contact the EU Trademark Office, and closely communicate with overseas Trademark teams to establish efficient and professional cross-border communication.
2.High success rate
Before the application, professional search and analysis will be conducted and the registration success rate is over 80%
We have one-on-one dedicated customer service staff, 24 hours online service, and we respond to all your queries quickly.
Relatively low cost but high quality services will strengthen your EU business development.
1. Will EU trademarks only take effect in individual countries? A: No, EU trademarks are registered once and are effective in all EU member states. If it is only necessary to use the trademark in an individual country, the national registration can be carried out through the country's Trademark Office. 2. Can an individual apply for registration of an EU trademark? A: Yes, the EU, like other countries, does not restrict the right of natural persons, legal persons or other legally established entities to register trademarks in the European Union. 3. Is the probability of the EU trademark being rejected high? A: It is rare to see the application being rejected due to the violation of the EU Trademark Law. The main reason for rejection is commonly due to similar trademarks being registered by the prior rights holders. According to EUIPO, about one-fifth of trademark applications are subject to objection. However, through a full pre-submission search survey, the probability of being objected can be greatly reduced, thereby increasing the authorization rate.
Connect with us
Copyright 2019 J&P UK Accountants Limited | All Rights Reserved